Full face snorkel masks are a rising trend among both experienced and novice swimmers alike.
They do away with a lot of the issues associated with traditional snorkel masks such as water leaking in, obstructed breathing through the mouth and limited visibility.
While they are a more expensive option, they can deliver you from a lot of the problems that come with regular snorkeling masks as well as further enhance your experiences underwater.
The market for full face snorkeling masks is still an emerging one and very soon, we reckon many people will opt for them over the traditional types.
Given below is a table showing the best full face snorkel masks currently on the market.
The Best Full Face Snorkel Masks 2017
Quick Post Navigation
- 1 The Best Full Face Snorkel Masks 2017
- 2 Full Face Snorkeling Masks Review
- 2.1 Tribord Easybreath Full Face Snorkeling Mask
- 2.2 Octobermoon Original Second Generation 180°view Panoramic full face Snorkel Mask
- 2.3 WSTOO 180° Full Face Snorkel Mask
- 2.4 X-Lounger Full Face Snorkel Mask 2.0
- 2.5 Seaview 180° GoPro Compatible Snorkel Mask- Panoramic Full Face Design
- 2.6 SEGMART Panoramic Snorkel Mask
Choosing The Best Full Face Snorkel Mask
A full face snorkel mask is already its own kind of particular kind of snorkel mask.
So from a consumer’s point of view, it is a relatively simpler process for you to zero in on which mask will suit you best.
Naturally, there are some key features to consider before selecting one and they will have to satisfy the standard requirements of quality, convenience, practicality, and individual preferences.
There is not a lot of variety here since most of the fitting work is down to the straps.
However, it is important to ensure the mask itself is correct in terms of size and dimension when it goes on your face or at least enough to be adjusted well by the straps.
Despite the technology and constant fine tuning of the design, there is still the ever so slight possibility of water making it through.
So make absolutely certain the fit is perfect before making a selection.
Sometimes, fitting the mask on too tight can yield the same result as having it on too loose.
Your chances would be better off with a manufacturer that offers a variety of sizes for you to try out.
And it would be helpful to look up as many items as you can online and read up on some comprehensive reviews to help you with your decision.
We dare say it would be pointless investing more money in a snorkel mask if it does not push the boundaries of what you can do underwater.
Make sure the snorkel of your full face snorkel mask has a special valve that is automatically deployed when you go under so the mask stays watertight and reopens again when you break the surface.
This way you can go beyond the limits of traditional snorkel masks and stay underwater without the hassle of water entering your mouth and causing you to gag or worse. Also, it would be great if the mask has the ability to spit out any water that might enter through the snorkel to save you the hassle of getting rid of the water yourself.
Perhaps one of the most irritating phenomena that happen while snorkeling is condensation forming on the mask and hindering your vision.
Many manufacturers of full face snorkel masks claim to have completely resolved this issue with solutions like streamlined airflow and anti-fogging coating applied to the window.
However, you can never know for sure until you try it on for yourself. Also, make sure whatever properties the mask has to prevent condensation forming also works well in cold water.
Visibility is another key standard feature of the full face design.
The mask you choose should be able to provide you with a clear 180-degree view.
This is not only good for a better viewing experience but safety as well.
Pay attention to the material that the window is made of. For the sake of good value, make sure it is made tough, transparent polycarbonate. This material is shatter proof and carries strong resistance to impact.
This will provide some much-needed protection for your eyes in the event of an accident.
Convenience and practicality
Then there’s adjustability. Traditionally, this often turns out to be exasperating with snorkel masks, especially when the fit is not perfect and you are forced to constantly fiddle with the straps, mouth piece and snorkel for it work well underwater.
With whatever full face snorkel mask you are looking up, the fit should be a lot easier to adjust quickly and with minimal hassle.
Full Face Snorkeling Masks Review
And now here the reviews of what we believe to be the best full face snorkeling masks you can buy right now. They have all been selected based on how well they deliver on the standard requirements of their design.
The Tribord Easybreath Full Face Snorkeling Mask has a mask window comprised of tough polycarbonate which is impact-resistant and shatter-proof.
This tremendously increases safety for your eyes.
It also features a unique breathing chamber to make breathing easy as well as prevent condensation from fogging up the window.
The snorkel top on this mask can be seen from up to 4 times the distance as a regular snorkel mask.
When talking sizes, XS is for children, S/M for women and teens, ML for men and L/XL for men with longer faces.
For most customers, the Tribord full face snorkel mask delivers as advertised.
It has an efficient breathing apparatus matched by a convenient fit as well as a broad and clear viewing window that also makes a good shield against any sudden impacts that might occur.
However, it has also suffered from some reviews of customers claiming it to be quite leaky underwater as well as being uncomfortable enough to cause sore spots.
- Easy Fit
- Size S/M Fits most Women and Children Age 8yr+
- Stays Dry
- Flawless Performance
- Fog Free
The Octobermoon Original Second Generation 180°view Panoramic full face Snorkel Mask easily accommodates a 180-degree viewing window.
It is easily adjustable and comfortable around the face.
One pleasant surprise with this snorkel mask is that it is particularly compatible with children able to adjust easily over there smaller heads and keep them watertight.
All customers can benefit from a full refund in case they do not find it an acceptable choice.
After trying it out, many customers were positive about the fact that they would never return to using a regular snorkel mask.
Consumers have found the fit to be rather pleasant and easily adjustable over a variety of sizes and shapes.
Unfortunately, the design does not feature a mount for setting your camera in.
This mask is not very big on an anti-fogging feature and invariably, that has come to be one of the common criticisms raised by consumers.
It has also received negative reviews for allowing water to leak in easily.
Apparently fitting it tight around your face is not the answer. Rather, it is getting the fit just right and letting the silicone material do its job.
- Octobermoon Full 180° face design allows user breathe through mouth or nose while snorkeling with...
- Easy to adjust size and comfortable with your face,great unrestricted view and allowed you to...
- It's view really is amazing,See More water world With Larger Viewing Area Everybody loved...
- ANTI-FOG DESIGN- There is nothing worse than dealing with a mask that is constantly fogging up. Our...
- 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee and an unlimited 90-days quality warranty, Just try our...
The WSTOO 180° Full Face Snorkel Mask fits around the face with a transparent silicone material which is anti-allergic so it is comfortable as well healthy for the skin.
Its design offers a full 180-degree range of vision as well an anti-fogging property with streamlined airflow so you will always have a clear line of sight without building up any condensation on the mask.
A valve in the snorkel shuts off any possibility of water coming in.
For faces requiring a length below 4.75 inches, the appropriate size is S/M. For over 4.75 inches, the size is L/XL.
The S/M category is usually suitable for women and children over 12 years of age while L/XL is for regular adults and those with particularly long faces.
Other features included in the set are Go Pro accessories, a glow phone, waterproof bag and net bag. Customers can request a full refund if they are not satisfied.
The majority of reviews from customers are resoundingly positive.
A lot of praise has been lavished on this snorkel mask for its efficient design, build quality, comfortable fit, field of vision and breathing apparatus.
The main criticism apart from some isolated incidents where some examples have been poorly assembled is that in particularly cold environments, it is prone to fogging up almost instantly.
- 180 ° Full face snorkeling design - provides 180 ° viewing area for your snorkeling, and you will...
- Anti-fog design - innovative breathing room to provide streamlined airflow to eliminate atomization,...
- WSTOO snorkel mask-Skirt with transparent anti-allergic silicone material, more suitable for the...
- Size Selection: Measure the length of the bottom of the nose and chin bridge. If the length is less...
- WSTOO full face snorkel mask-snorkel set includes Go Pro accessories and glow phone waterproof bag...
The X-Lounger Full Face Snorkel Mask 2.0 has been updated for 2017 and offers a 180-degree view as well as a detachable mount on top for your Go Pro camera to sit on.
It is very easy to use, requiring no prior instruction, just common sense.
So it is ideal for beginners who are keen on snorkeling.
The all dry snorkeling technology consists of an integrated float ball that automatically seals the snorkel from water upon diving below the surface and drops back down again when resurfacing.
The snorkel tube itself is an impressive 9.3 inches long allowing for deeper diving.
The mask is equipped with an anti-fog coating along the lens, anti-fog inserts and a unique breathing chamber designed to streamline airflow and eliminate fogging.
Most reviews of the X-Lounger full face snorkel mask from customers are consistent with what the mask promises.
It is extremely comfortable and safe. And that makes it all the more enjoyable.
There have been a few criticisms of leakage from customers bearing relatively narrow and longer faces, particularly at the forehead.
Fortunately, all customers are entitled to a full replacement or refund should the mask not perform as well as expected.
- ★NEWEST FOLDABLE SNORKEL MASK: Fold the tube by gently push a button, foldable snorkel tube...
- ★PANORAMIC LARGE VIEW & MORE REALITY FLAT LENS: With a 180 degree field of vision, full face...
- ★EASY TO BREATH & ANTI-FOG DESIGN: Full face snorkel mask allows you to breath via nose or...
- ★NO CHOCKING WATER: A ball at the top of the tube will automatically seal the air valve to...
- ★FAST SHIPPING & QUALITY WARRANTY: X-Lounger full face snorkel mask make snorkeling easier and...
The Seaview 180° GoPro Full Face Snorkel Mask features a full face panoramic lens providing a 180-degree field of vision and is very much easier to breathe in than a regular snorkel mask.
Other standard features are its anti-fogging design thanks to a separate breathing chamber which keeps air out of the main viewing visor and keeps it clear of any condensation.
As you would expect, the Seaview is a whole lot easier to use and easier to dive with than a traditional snorkeling mask. This full face snorkel mask is also GoPro compatible allowing you to mount your favourite cameras unto it.
It is user-friendly enough to be worn by adults and children alike.
Overall, it is a big improvement over the regular form of snorkeling masks.
However, there have also been complaints from consumers about water leaking into the mask as well as the quality of construction.
There have also been criticisms that the size designated for children does not always fit as expected.
As ever, it is important to properly adjust the mask over your face before getting into the water with it and verify which size will fit you properly.
- 180° FULL FACE DESIGN- Our snorkel mask makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through...
- DRY SNORKEL TECHNOLOGY stops salt water from getting into your mouth and prevents gagging. Spend...
- ANTI-FOG DESIGN- There is nothing worse than dealing with a mask that is constantly fogging up. Our...
- EASY TO USE so you spend less time fussing with equipment and more time enjoying your snorkeling...
- KIDS AND YOUTH will love the way the mask works as they are learning to snorkel and swim with their...
The SEGMART Panoramic Snorkel Mask is dressed in a high-quality rubber and silicone skirt which is quite gentle on the skin.
The viewing capacity is 180 degrees as expected.
The fit can be reasonably adjusted with simple ratcheting mask strap buckles.
There is also a mount provided for your GoPro camera.
The anti-fog and anti-leak feature is provided courtesy of separate chambers each for breathing and viewing keeping airflow separate from the viewing area as efficiently as possible.
The size variations on offer are measured to fit comfortably from the eyebrows to the chin.
If your eyebrows and chin are 4.7 inches apart or less, the recommended size is S/M and beyond 4.7 inches, it is L/XL.
The majority of consumers have found the SEGMART snorkel mask to deliver just as promised: ideal peripheral vision, watertight fit, no fogging up and the snorkel can spit out any water that may have entered it.
The GoPro mount is well placed to capture amazing sights underwater of marine life and other attractions as they would be seen by the diver.
Although, there have also been some very strong complaints from consumers about build quality as well as water leakage, breakability and fogging.
- ✔ENJOY YOUR FUNNY TIME - Everybody loved it, especially the kids.It surprisingly fits pretty well...
- ✔MATERIAL AND SIZE - Quick-adjust ratcheting mask strap buckles, soft high-quality silicone rubber...
- ✔FULL FACE DESIGN - SEGMART snorkel mask provides a 180°viewing area. Makes it easier than ever...
- ✔DRY SNORKEL TECHNOLOGY - Stop salt water from getting into your mouth and prevents gagging. Spend...
- ✔ANTI-FOGGING FEATURE - This innovative design features a separate breathing chamber that creates...
As we have shown, a full face snorkel mask can save you from a lot of the issues prone to traditional snorkel masks thanks to their smart and simple technology and enhanced usability.
While the general criticisms of snorkel masks have not been completely averted, this new design is still a huge leap forward in providing consumers with more satisfactory products and experiences for snorkeling.
Last update on 2017-10-18 at 05:41 / Affiliate links / Images / Prices from Amazon Product Advertising API